College Credit Plus 2022-2023: Overview
College Credit Plus is a statewide Ohio program that provides an opportunity for qualified students in grades 7-12 to take college courses for both high school and college credit. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university is free. That means no cost to the family of public and private school students for tuition, books, or fees.
Sign Up for LHS 2022 CCP Remind @ghac76
For more information, visit the following website:
CCP college/university information:
Important Dates to Remember
- March 13 – last day to register for the April ACT without a fee
- April 1 – Last day to submit the annual Letter of Intent to participate in CCP to the LHS Guidance Office (Mr. Jones)
- April 7– Last day to complete the YSU CCP New Student Application or Continuing Application
- April 2 – Last National ACT test accepted for admissions review for all NEW students applying to YSU in fall 2022
- June 1 – Last day to complete the EGCC CCP Application for summer & fall 2022
- May 1 – Last day to complete KSU-T Application for summer & fall 2022
- November 1 – Last day to complete the EGCC CCP Application for spring 2022
- October 15 – Last day to complete the KSU-T CCP Application for spring 2022
CCP LHS Scheduled Application Days, College Placement Testing, & Orientation Days
- December 7 – YSU Eligibility Testing for new students 10:00 am
- January 5 - EGCC Spring 22 Orientation for new students and HS based course
- January 20 – EGCC CCP Application Day 10:30 am
- January 21 – YSU CCP Application Day 10:30
- May 8 – EGCC CCP Orientation Day 9:30 am-10:30 am
Before you Apply
- Discuss the program with your parents/guardians & review college/university online brochures & handbooks.
- If you or your parents/guardians have any questions about the program, schedule an appointment with Mrs. Jones.
- Understand Eligibility, Admissions & Course Placement for each university.
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT - schedule to take the February 12 or April 2 ACT (registration deadline 1/7 and 1/7) or the March 14 SAT (registration deadline February 14).
Information you will need for Application Days
- New Students
- Social Security number
- Student personal email address
- Student cell phone number
- Parent/guardian email address
- Previous address information if you have lived at your current address for less than two years
- Continuing Students
- Your college ID & email (e.g., if you have taken classes at YSU, you will need your Penguin Portal username & password)
Important Forms and Resources: