College Credit Plus 2022-2023: Overview
College Credit Plus is a statewide Ohio program that provides an opportunity for qualified students in grades 7-12 to take college courses for both high school and college credit. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university is free. That means no cost to the family of public and private school students for tuition, books, or fees.
Sign-up for important CCP messages by texting @3639843 to 81010
For more information, visit the following website:
CCP college/university information:
Important Dates to Remember
- April 1 – Last day to submit the annual Letter of Intent to participate in CCP to the LHS Guidance Office (Mr. Jones)
- April 7– Last day to complete the YSU CCP New Student Application or Continuing Application
- April – Last National ACT test accepted for admissions review for all NEW students applying to YSU in fall
- June 1 – Last day to complete the EGCC CCP Application for summer & fall
- May 1 – Last day to complete KSU-T Application for summer & fall
- November 1 – Last day to complete the EGCC CCP Application for spring
- October 15 – Last day to complete the KSU-T CCP Application for spring
CCP LHS Eligibility Testing, Application Days, College Placement Testing, Orientation Days, & Information Sessions
- January – Eligibility Testing for new students (YSU, EGCC & KSU-T)
- January - EGCC Spring Orientation for new students enrolled in a HS Based and/or Online classes
- January – EGCC CCP Application Day
- January – YSU CCP Application Day
- May – EGCC CCP Orientation Day
- May - YSU Placement Testing
- August - CCP Information Meeting for New Students & Families (if you are enrolled in a fall class it recommended that you attend)
- November - CCP Information Night for Students and Families
- Before you Apply
Discuss the program with your parents/guardians & review college/university online brochures & handbooks.
- If you or your parents/guardians have any questions about the program, schedule an appointment with Mrs. Jones.
- Understand Eligibility, Admissions & Course Placement for each university.
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT - schedule to take the February April ACT or the March SAT.
- ACT Test Dates, SAT Test Dates
Information you will need for Application Days
- New Students
- Social Security number
- Student personal email address
- Student cell phone number
- Parent/guardian email address
- Previous address information if you have lived at your current address for less than two years
- Continuing Students
- Your college ID & email (e.g., if you have taken classes at YSU, you will need your Penguin Portal username & password)
Important Forms and Resources:
- New Students